Friday, April 15, 2011

My Real Artist Statement

Here it is folks, my actually Artist Statement that will be hanging next to my paintings at my show. This expresses who I am as an artist and how and why I paint the way I do. Read it and I hope you enjoy!

Tasty Paintings
I love to teach children about art and this has affected my art style. I create happy paintings by using bright colors to excite your eyes and to spark memories of your childhood. I want to give you the opportunity to escape your mature life of stress and woes and be lost in a fantasy world made of sugary baked goods. My goal is to create images that are clear and vivid for a child to relate to.

In terms of technique, I apply large amounts of oil paints to create the texture in my desserts. Then I use toothpicks, plastic forks, popsicle sticks, and anything I can find to help me mold the texture I desire. A bright palette of rainbow hues enhances the playful quality in my style. My paintings are calorie free, and come without that feeling of regret you may experience after you indulge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment